We at G K MIN MET ALLOYS CO. are committed to provide cost effective quality product and services through quality management system.
We are committed in delivering:
- Enhancement of customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements from time to time in terms of best quality material.
- Enhancement of customer satisfaction by supplying in-time quality products and to achieve no rejection at customer end.
- Build competence levels of employees through training and awareness.
- Upgrading manufacturing technology on continual basis.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the quality management system in the organization.
Health, Safety & Environmental Policy
We at G K Min Met Alloys Co. are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace and protecting the environment. We believe that safety and protecting the environment is good for business and that all work-related injuries, illnesses, property losses and adverse environmental impacts are preventable.
To fulfill this, our Company will:
- Ensure that management accepts full responsibility for protecting workers and the environment.
- Give health, safety and environmental considerations an equal status with the Company’s other business objectives and integrate them into all aspects of our work
- Work actively and continuously to improve the health & safety of workers, and environmental performance.
- Only start work after confirming that essential health, safety and other environmental protection systems are in place, and willingly suspend activities if safety, health or the protection of the workers or environment would be compromised.
- Encourage supervisors and workers (employees) to be individually responsible for identifying and eliminating hazards, preventing injury to themselves and others, and preventing adverse environmental impacts.
- Provide personnel with sufficient training and necessary resources.
- Provide and maintain properly engineered facilities, plants and equipment.
- Minimize waste generation, air emissions and other discharges from our activities to the environment.
- Actively monitor, audit and review to improve systems, processes, health, safety and environmental performance.
- As a minimum requirement, ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
- Hold contractors and third parties accountable for adhering to the Company’s health, safety and environmental policies and audit contractor systems and procedures to ensure satisfactory health, safety and environmental performance.
- Hold supervisors accountable for ensuring and promoting a safe and healthy workplace and the protection of the environment within their areas of responsibility by ensuring that workers are knowledgeable and have access to:
- Publications of the latest applicable laws and regulations
- Health, safety and environment rules and safe work standards
- Operating and critical task procedures
- Emergency response procedures
- Environmental protection requirements
- Hold workers at all levels accountable for being fit for work at the beginning and throughout their shift
- Develop, implement and manage a system of accountability for health, safety and environment roles and responsibilities at all levels of the company. Inform employees and contractors of this policy, and make it available at all Company worksites.
We firmly believe responsibility for the application of this policy rests with management, employees and contractors associated with our Company.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy of G K Min Met Alloys refers to our company’s responsibility toward our environment. Our company’s existence is not lonely. It’s part of a bigger system of people, values, other organizations and nature. The social responsibility of a business is to give back to the society just as it gives to us.
What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy outlines our efforts to give back to the society as it gives to us.
This policy applies to our company and its subsidiaries. It may also refer to suppliers and partners.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
Our company will:
- Respect the law
- Honor the internal policies set by the management
- Build competence levels of employees through training and awareness.
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We’ll promote:
What we do as a part of our Corporate Social Responsibility?
Protecting the environment
- Respect the law
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect toward the consumer
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
Our company recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We’ll always follow best practices when disposing garbage.
Protecting and looking after our employees
We’ll ensure that we:
- Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people.
- Support diversity and inclusion.
- The company provides for individual & family health policies for its employees along with personal accident policy. Apart from this the company periodically does health checkup of its employees with registered medical professional.
- Provide routing training & up gradation skills workshop to its existing & on the Job training to its new joiners.
- Any changes in policy or announcements are addressed to its employees via display on notice board along with explaining the same by immediate supervisor.
- Automated time punching & attendance system is installed to take care of the daily timings. Compensation in line with minimum wages act is paid to new joiners who work on the shop floor. For other staff industry best pay is awarded for their services.
- Any irregularities if staff or any issues related to work force are dealt with by the management from time to time also we ensure cordial atmosphere at the work place so as such situation does not arise.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g., forced labour, child labour, human trafficking, etc.)
Donations and aid
Our company may preserve a budget to make monetary donations. These donations will aim to:
- Advance the arts, education and community events.
- Alleviate those in need.
Our company will encourage its employees to volunteer. They can volunteer through programs organized internally or externally. Our company may sponsor volunteering events from other organizations.
Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively protect the environment. Some of the initiatives we undertake include:
Supporting the community
- Recycling wherever possible
- Conserving energy
- Using environmentally-friendly technologies (packaging materials wherever possible)
Our company may initiate and support community investment and educational programs in future as the organization grows. As of now to the extent possible we employ local man power. We are also engaged in groups who take on initiatives for betterment of rural areas where our facility is situated.
We will actively invest in R&D. We will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our company will try to continuously improve the way it operates.
Our company is committed to the United Nations Global Compact. We’ll readily act to promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business. Management must communicate this policy on all levels. Managers are also responsible for resolving any CSR issues.
SUSTAINABLE PROCUREMENT POLICY
We at G K Min Met Alloys Co., recognize that purchasing decisions have a social, economic and environmental impact. We are committed to doing business responsibly and sustainably by utilizing our supply chains to bring about a positive change.
We recognize that improving our procurement performance is an ongoing process and that our suppliers, both large and small, are important partners in our journey to become more sustainable.
The quality of the relations maintained with our suppliers contributes to our long-term success and is based on respect, trust and loyalty. We support the development of our suppliers through a process that includes constructive dialog and joint effort. The majority of our purchases are made with local suppliers who have been working with us for at least 10 years and in some cases for a few decades.
As we have a deep concern for sustainability issues, we want our suppliers to share the same values and expect them to meet the same standards for ethics, labor rights, health and safety, and the environment that we set for ourselves.
Sustainability is one of the main criteria we use to assess our suppliers.
In view of the above, our vision & our procurement policy, we at G K Min Met Alloys Co., will:
Human rights & labour
- Minimize our environmental impact and encourage our suppliers to adopt practices that minimize their environmental impact and deliver community benefits concerning their operations and throughout the supply chains in which they operate
- Comply with all rules & regulations applicable to the company.
- Prioritize & utilize suppliers who are committed to protecting the environment along with who themselves promote & practice sustainable development.
- Evaluate suppliers to assess if they are compliant with our internal quality policy, Environment policy etc.
Business Ethics & Governance
- Comply with all the applicable labour & human rights laws of the land & regulations applicable to industries in our region.
- Value employees, embrace diversity and promote a fair and respectful workplace.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in our supply chain by actively pursuing opportunities to expand our partnerships with Social Enterprise businesses, including those supporting minority groups and people with disabilities.
- Maintain Zero tolerance to child labour, slavery, (forced) compulsion labour & human trafficking.
- Evaluate suppliers’ commitment to a safe & healthy work environment including diversity, mutual respect & ethics.
- Comply with the rules & regulations of the city & the state in which we operate.
- Operate ethically and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Be an asset to the local communities by supporting local producers and suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers are aware of and comply with, our Supplier Code of Conduct..
- Utilize a sanction screening process to identify any areas of risk by association with any elements of financial crime, fraud, corruption, piracy, terrorism, bribery or human rights abuse.
- Allocate sufficient resources to meet the commitments of this policy.
- Maintain policies & controls to ensure the data & information concerning our customers, clients & employees are protected.
Manufacturers & Suppliers of Ferro Alloys, Metals & Minerals Powder